This virtual machine software for consolidating and partitioning servers provides a secure, stable
platform to deploy new solutions faster and more efficiently. It integrates easily into any environment
to maximize server management efficiency and minimize costs.
VMware GSX Server 2.5
What Is VMware GSX Server?
VMware GSX Server is enterprise-class virtual machine software for business-critical environments. In
its third generation, VMware GSX Server is the most flexible and easily deployed server virtualization
product on the market.
How Is VMware GSX Server Used in the Enterprise?
Enterprise customers rely on VMware GSX Server to deliver server scalability, reliability, and high
availability and to maximize return on IT investments. The product is used across the enterprise to:
- Implement server consolidation.
Deployed in software development and test environments
and in corporate IT operations, VMware GSX Server consolidates applications and infrastructure
services running on diverse operating systems onto fewer highly scalable, reliable enterprise-class
- Deliver high availability.
VMware GSX Server makes high availability affordable and
scalable by protecting critical applications and data in up to 64 secure, isolated virtual machines
on a single hardware system. It supports standard network load balancing, standby, replication, and
clustering of virtual machines.
- Provision servers rapidly.
VMware GSX Server makes provisioning a new server as easy
as copying a file. Pre-configured virtual machine servers can be built once quickly and deployed
- Streamline training and demo center operations.
Corporate trainers use VMware GSX
Server to create a library of pre-configured environments for easy classroom setup. Sales and
marketing staff use it to present complex product demos from a centralized location or over the
- Improve software help desk and technical support operations.Technical support and help
desk staff use VMware GSX Server to develop and store customer configurations for easy access,
rollback recovery, and test set-up to troubleshoot and solve customer problems quickly.
How Does VMware GSX Server Work?
VMware GSX Server simplifies computing infrastructure by partitioning and isolating servers in secure
and transportable virtual machines. VMware GSX Server allows these virtual machine servers to be
remotely managed, automatically provisioned, and standardized on a secure, uniform platform.
VMware GSX Server transforms physical computers into a pool of virtual machines. Operating systems and
applications are isolated in multiple virtual machines that reside on a single piece of hardware.
System resources are allocated to any virtual machine based on need, delivering maximum capacity
utilization and control over computing infrastructure.
The product's robust architecture and ability to integrate easily into Windows and Linux host
environments make VMware GSX Server easy to deploy and manage. VMware GSX Server runs as an
application on a host operating system for easily deploying, managing, and remotely controlling
more servers running in virtual machines.
Why Does My Business Need VMware GSX Server?
VMware GSX Server is the most powerful, stable, and reliable enterprise-class virtualization solution
for server consolidation and the efficient management of multiple operating system environments. By
deploying VMware GSX Server in your environment, you can:
- Reduce computing infrastructure TCO by up to 64 percent.
- Reduce hardware and software costs by 30-45 percent.
- Reduce operations expenses - the cost of labor and maintenance - by up to 75 percent.
- Reduce downtime by 25-55 percent.
- Reduce development and testing cycles by more than 20 percent.
- Realize full return on investment (ROI) in less than 6 months.
Why Use VMware GSX Server?
Implement server consolidation.
Consolidate applications and infrastructure services onto
fewer highly scalable, highly reliable enterprise-class servers.
Deliver high availability.
- Reduced TCO across computing infrastructure
- Built-in headroom for expansion and scaling
- Maximum hardware utilization
- Simplified system management
Protect critical applications and data in secure, isolated
virtual machines and enable standby virtual servers while supporting standard network load balancing,
standby, replication, and cluster provisioning for high availability.
Provision servers rapidly.
- Protection against non-hardware errors and single points of failure for more availability
- Lower hardware costs
- Simple set-up and configuration reduces maintenance costs
Pre-configured virtual machine servers can be built once
quickly and deployed anywhere immediately; provisioning a new server is as easy as copying a file.
Streamline training and demo center operations.
- Keep up with demand for new servers, builds, and service packs while controlling costs
- Faster failover with pre-configured, pre-tested servers in virtual machines
- Improved efficiency -- no need to reimage disks
Package and deploy courseware, and deliver
complex demos from a centralized location or over the Internet, for quick and easy set-up and
Improve help desk and technical support operations.
- Better utilization of existing hardware
- Enhanced quality of instruction
- Installation and compatibility problems
Develop and store customer configurations
for easy access, rollback recovery, and test set-up.
- Faster problem resolution by easily replicating customer configurations
- Lower lab maintenance costs
- Better customer service
The above content is Copyright © by VMware, Inc.